Can you believe it is Summer already? It seems like the year is flying by. We have made a Summer Bucket List, this is different to our actual bucket list.
I recently saw something that really put things in perspective for me and that was *We only have 18 Summers with our kids*. 18! When you say it like that, it’s nowhere near enough.
I want to make every moment count, I want to make unforgettable memories with our boys.
- Visit a historical place of interest at least once per week
- Have at least one full day at the beach.
- Visit a pick your own
- Have a water fight
- Catch “fireflies”
- Make Ice Cream
- Make Lemonade
- Family BBQ
- Go Camping
- Make Bird Feeders ( we get lots of birds in our garden)
- Complete National Trust’s 50 things list
- Keep a Summer nature journal
- Take the Cairngorm Reindeer Tour
- Make a giant bug hotel
- Go on a forest walk
- Go Pond Dipping
- Mini Golf
- Do a Scavenger hunt
- Visit at least 5 new museums
- Have a full day of arts and crafts
- Skip Stones
- Build and conquer an outdoor obstacle course
- Spend the day doing Science experiments
- Let the older boys cook tea
- Write postcards for nannie
- Join a summer reading campaign
- Go to a Zoo
- Take a boat ride and try not to puke!
- Fly kites
- Family bike ride
- Have a garden party
- Go swimming in a natural body of water
- Dance in the rain
- Explore a rock pool
- See a theatre show
- Visit Legoland Windsor
- Explore a new park
- Go Surfing
- Read Peter Pan by flashlight outdoors
- Visit a lavender farm
- Go Looking for Dolphins
- Have a sunflower competition
- Have a midnight Feast
- Go to the Circus
- Have breakfast outside
- Paint in the garden
- Go on a Gruffalo hunt
- Make tie dye shirts
- Make fruit kebabs to dip in chocolate
There you have our 50 things to do this Summer Bucket List. Pretty simple things, yet I know the boys will love doing.
What are you doing this summer?